29 Dec 2011

Chocolate Panna Cotta

I know this isn't the Tofurkey or Trifle I promised but trust me they are still coming, my Christmas posts will be ready shortly I just wanted to post something in the meantime and this is a dessert I have been sitting on for a little while. Its simple yet impressive to vegans and non-vegans alike. I couldnt find one Panna Cotta recipe that worked how I wanted it to so this is a combination of a few recipes with some alterations of my own.

Enjoy!!


Ingredients:


400 ml Coconut Cream
1 and 3/4 teaspoons Agar Agar Flakes/Powder
5 Tablespoons Agave Nectar
3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate ( You can use a little more or less depending on how rich you like it)



Method:


In a small pan over medium-low heat add the Coconut Cream, Agar Agar and Agave.

Bring the mixture to a low simmer (DO NOT let the coconut cream boil) and stir constantly for about 15 minutes.

When its done remove from the heat and stir through chocolate until it melts through the mixture completely. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.

Divide the mixture evenly between 4 small serving bowls. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or until the mixture has set to a similar consistency of gelatin.


1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds really decadent! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete